Rhonda has spent her entire career representing individuals against the abuses of the insurance industry. After graduating from Santa Clara University Law School in 1992, Rhonda obtained extensive insurance bad faith litigation experience, handling a variety of insurance bad faith cases involving all types of insurance claims, including: Homeowners (earthquake, fire, mold, and water claims), Liability, Health, Life/Accidental Death and Disability (group and individual policies).
Since 2002, Rhonda has focused her practice on helping individuals whose insurance companies have denied their claims for disability, life/accidental death, long-term care, and health insurance benefits. Rhonda especially enjoys assisting clients with the filing of administrative appeals should their denied claim be subject to ERISA. Under ERISA, an insured must file an administrative appeal before they can file a lawsuit against their insurance company. Throughout her career, Rhonda has obtained multi-million-dollar settlements and judgments on behalf of her clients and on appeal overturned hundreds of denied ERISA claims. However, whether a client’s claim is large or small, Rhonda gives each client’s case the time, attention and care it deserves.
When she is not fighting for her clients, Rhonda enjoys spending time with her husband and Labrador retriever, playing tennis, scuba diving and traveling.
- J.D., 1992, Santa Clara Law School
- B.A., 1988, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- State Bar of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Cohen v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., (C.D. Cal) 2020 WL 4283959
- Cerni v. Provident Life & Acc. Ins. Co., (C.D. Cal) 2002 U.S. Dist. Lexis 6053
- Metropolitan Life Ins. Co. v. Neil Mann, (C.D. Cal) 2000 U.S. Dist Lexis 15354
- Northland Casualty Co. v. Wescal Yachts, 60 F.Supp2d 1027 (C.D. Cal 1999)