Attorney Anna Martin
Anna has more than 28 years of experience in insurance law, including life, accident, disability, property and casualty, liability, reinsurance, key man, ERISA and bad faith.
Anna dedicates her time and energy to advocating for those whose insurance claims have been improperly denied. Before joining Kantor & Kantor, Ms. Martin spent her career as a defense attorney. She began her career as an associate at Adams, Duque & Hazeltine, then operated her own law firm, Rimac & Martin, for 19 years. Anna finished her defense career as a Partner at Meserve, Mumper & Hughes.
As a defense attorney, Anna represented insurers and Lloyd’s syndicates through all phases of litigation including jury and court trials, mediation, arbitration and appeals throughout the United States. The skills and knowledge that she developed and gained as a defense attorney make her a particularly strong advocate for individuals whose claims have been denied.
In 2021 Anna became Newsletter Vice-Chair for the Health and Disability Committee of the American Bar Association Tort Trial and Insurance Practice (TIPS). Anna was named a “Super Lawyer” by Northern California Super Lawyers Magazine from 2011-2017, 2020, and 2021. Anna resides in Reno, Nevada, and splits her time between San Francisco and Reno. Anna enjoys spending time with her two grown daughters as well as her mother. She is active in women’s issues and animal rescue and advocacy. She is an avid wildlife enthusiast and spends much of her time outdoors.
- Juris Doctor, with distinction, University of Pacific, McGeorge Law School, 1991
- BS, Zoology, California State Polytechnic University
- State Bar of California 1991
- State Bar of Nevada 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Nevada
- Recently selected by her peers to be included in the 2024 edition of the Best Lawyers in America® for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Recognized in Super Lawyers since 2022