SEATTLE LONG TERM DISABILITY LAWYERS
SEEK INSURANCE BENEFITS WITHOUT STRESS
Trying to get long term disability insurance benefits after an injury or illness debilitates you can be one of the most frustrating times of your life. Insurance companies are notorious for limiting coverage, denying claims, and otherwise complicating what should be a relatively straightforward process. You might encounter unexpected resistance the very first time you call your insurer!
To get your long term disability insurance claim moving without worrying about what will happen next, come to Kantor & Kantor, LLP. We are a team of Seattle long term disability attorneys who are dedicated to empowering the people of our communities through steadfast representation after a long term disability (LTD) or short term disability claim is denied. When an insurance company is not cooperating – or when you simply do not want to deal with legal processes alone – we can be your trusted legal guides and moral supporters.
See how we can help you. Call (877) 783-8686 now.
ERISA LAW & YOUR DISABILITY CLAIM
The majority of disability insurance claims are governed by the Employee Income Retirement Security Act (or ERISA). With a few exceptions, ,most policies are related to employment benefits. This federal statute provides various protections to employees with an intentional focus on disability insurance processes, claims, and cases.
Our attorneys are well-versed in ERISA law, which often drives other insurance attorneys away once they realize that federal law can be quite complicated. For decades, we have been representing people in their ERISA claims, and we would like to see if we can help you, too.
We will want to get your LTD claim moving sooner than later because:
- Deadlines to file are already progressing – do not let them expire
- Your injuries could be worsening and could cause more disabilities in the future
- Out-of-pocket expenses could be adding up with no sign of slowing
Do you have long term disability insurance coverage not from your employer but through a private insurance policy you purchased on your own? Your case might not be governed by ERISA law, but we can still represent you. Our attorneys are familiar with disability laws and procedures in Washington.
REACTING TO DISABILITY CLAIM DENIALS
The last thing you want to see after you file for LTD insurance is a denial letter coming back to you within a few weeks. However, this unfortunate situation is not uncommon. People across the country have their LTD claims denied every single day. Not only are you not alone in this tricky legal situation, but you are also not out of options.
You should do these three things after an LTD claim denial:
- Study the letter: The smallest detail in your denial letter could be the most important note. Study the letter closely to get an understanding as to why exactly your claim was denied. If there is no clear reason given, then it could be a good starting point for our attorneys to use in response to the denial.
- Gather evidence: Was your case denied because the insurance company has tried to argue that you are not actually disabled? Take this time to get copies of your medical records that detail your injuries and how they are affecting you. Don’t forget to also consider notes from any mental health specialists you might have seen.
- Talk to our team: The insurance company that has denied your claim is probably not resting now that you have received your denial letter. It is likely that they are still working on your case to reinforce their decision in case you challenge the denial. Take the initiative by getting our Seattle LTD insurance claim denial attorneys on your side as soon as possible The more time we have to work on your case, the better.
REPRESENTATION THAT FIGHTS FOR YOUR FUTURE
We know that your future comfort and wellbeing are reliant on the long term disability benefits you need. Do not let an insurance company stand between you and your health. You can take control of the situation by teaming up with Kantor & Kantor, LLP and our Seattle long term disability lawyers!
“Your kindness will never be forgotten.”- Lori & David
“First of all, I want to express my extreme gratitude for probably saving my daughter's life.”- Anonymous
“I won the appeal.”- Terry S.