Los Angeles Insurance Attorneys
Insurance Claims in Los Angeles
When you partner with the insurance claim lawyer Los Angeles beneficiaries can confide in, our legal team will help you decode denied medical claims, determine the reason for denial and work to turn your claim around. After you've selected a member of our firm as your insurance lawyer, Los Angeles attorneys Kantor & Kantor, LLP will go over your medical history, document relative physician notes and diagnostic tests, and determine the merit of your case.
On This Page
- Elements of a Bad Faith Insurance Claim
- Why Have I Received an Insurance Denial?
- What to Do If Your Claim is Denied
- Do You Need a Lawyer?
- Hire the Insurance Lawyer Los Angeles Residents Trust
- How Our Team Can Help
Why Have I Received an Insurance Denial?
When a physician recommends a procedure or drug that insurance will not approve, the beneficiary may become entangled in costly, time-consuming appeals and insurance law cases. In the meantime, they'll fail to receive pain relief, diagnostic tests, life-saving benefits or medications deemed important by their specialists.
Beneficiaries receive insurance denial documentation for a number of common reasons, which include:
- Lack of perceived medical necessity
- Experimental or investigational nature of treatment
- Lack of proper physician authorization
- Lack of timely claim submission
- Incorrect claim preparation
- Lack of coverage for requested procedure
Elements of a Bad Faith Insurance Claim
Just because an insurance claim has been denied doesn’t mean it was denied for a good or valid reason. Many insurance companies try to get sneaky with how they handle a policyholder’s claim and commit a wrongful denial. When a claim is wrongfully denied or complicated intentionally, the insurance provider has committed bad faith insurance.
Basic elements of bad faith insurance can include one or more of the following:
- Claim denied without reason.
- Insurance provider intentionally delays the claim.
- Insurer refuses to investigate the claim.
- Insurance policy is changed mid-term.
- Claim is paid below the owed amount.
- Claim is canceled mid-term without explanation.
At Kantor & Kantor, LLP, our litigation lawyers have obtained judgments and settlements for a number of medical rulings, including:
- Failure of the HMO to provide proper testing
- Failure of the HMO to allow you to go outside your Los Angeles insurance network for a necessary procedure
- Failure of the HMO to interpret material misrepresentation
We are well versed in Los Angeles case litigation. There is no area of insurance litigation that we can't cover. We only work with California clients, the majority of whom live in and around Los Angeles, so call us today to get useful advice on your case.