Washington and Oregon Partner, Stacy, has spent her life and career immersed in the complex world of healthcare and insurance.
She was raised in a small New England mill town by a single mother of four children and paid for her education herself. In college, she managed the Chicago office of Physicians for a National Health Plan while also working at the University of Chicago Hospitals.
After college, she spent four years as a management consultant learning the financial side of healthcare and insurance through advising those businesses on strategic planning, growth, and operational restructuring. She prepared white papers for the government on insurance structures that would better serve the needs of the country.
In law school, Stacy worked in urban schools to teach high school students about government and their voice in it. She counseled inner-city business entrepreneurs and how to start and grow small businesses.
Upon graduation, with large law school loans to pay, she worked at some of the top law firms in the country, handling high-value disability insurance claims. As a young lawyer, Stacy focused extensively on pro bono work. She founded her office’s pro bono program and developed a relationship with the San Mateo legal aid office that is still thriving today.
Stacy also created a program for her firm to represent and counsel Muslims and immigrants being denied entry to the country after 9/11. For many years Stacy represented large corporations, including insurance companies and health systems.
Stacy is excited to bring her wealth of knowledge of the inner workings of disability insurance and healthcare to now help insureds navigate these complex systems.
Outside of work, Stacy is heavily involved in advocating for alternative education options in public schools. She is a board member of her school district’s parent partnership program, an alternative education program that her son and daughter both attend.
- State Bar of California, 2002
- State Bar of Washington, 2011
- State Bar of Nevada, 2017
- State Bar of Oregon, 2018
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Juris Doctor, University of Chicago Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Chicago, History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Science and Medicine, cum laude with honors