Sarah Demers, associate attorney, graduated from the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Since graduating, Sarah has devoted her law practice to representing employees in disputes with employers and insurers over employee benefits. She has fought beside employees to obtain health insurance, life insurance, disability, and retirement benefits. She has represented classes of employees against plan fiduciaries who have breached the duties of loyalty and prudence they owe to employees and plan beneficiaries. Sarah currently focuses her practice on health insurance benefits including wrongfully denied medical and surgical benefits and violations of federal and state mental health parity laws.
Sarah grew up in St. Paul, Minnesota. She enjoys yoga, science fiction, and spending time with her two boys.
- J.D. University of St. Thomas School of Law, cum laude, 2011
- B.A. Economics, University of Minnesota, 2006
- State Bar of California, 2020
- State Bar of Minnesota, 2011
- U.S. District Court for Minnesota