Elizabeth K. Green is a partner with Kantor & Kantor who joined the firm at its inception in 2004. Elizabeth represents individual clients seeking health benefits pursuant to ERISA benefit plans. She has developed a specific focus on mental health benefits and particularly the protections provided by federal and state mental health parity laws. Elizabeth enjoys the unique challenges of ERISA and health law and being an effective advocate for her clients.
Elizabeth’s legal career has focused on representing individuals to obtain insurance benefits. Elizabeth has also represented individuals seeking long term care, disability, and life insurance benefits at Kantor & Kantor. Following law school, Elizabeth represented insureds to obtain homeowners’ insurance benefits at Quisenberry & Kabateck LLP.
Elizabeth was born in Illinois, raised in Southern California, and lives in Glendale with her husband and their three children. On weekends, she enjoys running the trails in Griffith Park and watching her kids’ soccer games.
- State Bar of California, 1998
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Juris Doctor, American University, Washington College of Law, 1998
- Bachelor of Arts, English and Women Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 1994
- Bowen v. Consolidated Elec. Distributors, Inc. Employee Welfare Ben., 461 F.Supp.2d 1179 (C.D. Cal. 2006)
- Walker v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 2008 WL 426068 (N.D. Cal. 2008)
- Walker v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 585 F.Supp.2d 1167 (N.D. Cal. 2008)
- Rodden v. Jefferson Pilot Financial Ins. Co., 2008 WL 5422890 (N.D. Cal. 2008)
- Novick v. UNUM Life Ins. Co. of Am., 570 F. Supp. 2d 1207, 1211 (C.D. Cal. 2008)
- Hajjar v. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Texas, 2009 WL2902482 (C.D. Cal. 2009)
- Dine v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 449 Fed.Appx. 646 (9th Cir. 2011)
- Dine v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 2011 WL 6131312 (C.D. Cal. 2011)
- Harlick v. Blue Shield of California, 686 F.3d 699, 703 (9th Cir. 2012) cert. denied, 133 S. Ct. 1492, 185 L. Ed. 2d 547 (U.S. 2013)
- Jennifer A. v. United Healthcare Ins. Co., 2012 WL 762071 (C.D. Cal. Mar. 5, 2012)
- Lukas v. United Behavioral Health, 2013 WL 223111 (9th Cir. 2013)
- Lauren B. v. Baxter Int’l Inc. & Subsidiaries Welfare Ben. Plan for Active Employees, 298 F.R.D. 571 (N.D. Ill. 2014)
- S.B. v. Oxford, 2019 WL 5726901 (D. Conn. Nov. 5, 2019)