Brent Dorian Brehm is an accomplished attorney practicing in the fields of disability, life, health, and long term care insurance benefits. He has spent his entire career in the trenches battling multi-billion dollar insurance companies to protect his client's rights. His efforts have been recognized by three legal magazines, being named a Lawyer on the Fast Track by The Recorder, a Top 20 Lawyer Under 40 by the Daily Journal, and a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine.
Brent has spent his career with Kantor & Kantor LLP – one of the preeminent firms in the area of ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act) and bad faith insurance litigation. While with the firm, Brent has resolved well over 250 disputes with insurance companies on behalf of his clients. As a partner of the firm, Brent has developed a body of motion and trial experience few attorneys have compiled to this point, or any point, in their career.
Brent was born in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and now lives in its San Fernando Valley with his wife and their three energetic daughters. Before having children, he had the time to train for, and completed, two Ironman distance triathlons, the New York Marathon, the Los Angeles Marathon, and a 200-mile bike ride through Death Valley. He currently enjoys cartography.
- State Bar of California, 2007
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Dmuchowsky v. Sky Chefs, Inc., 2019 WL 1934480 (N.D. Cal. May 1, 2019)
- Holmgren v. Sun Life and Health Ins. Co., 354 F. Supp. 3d 1018 (N.D. Cal. 2018)
- Harder v. Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. Long Term Disability Plan, 281 F. Supp. 3d 939 (C.D. Cal. 2017)
- Roberts v. Anthem Life Insurance Company, 2017 WL 2469354 (C.D. Cal. June 7, 2017)
- Leetzow v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 2016 WL 7324092 (C.D. Cal. December 5, 2016)
- LaVertu v. Unum Life Ins. Co. of America, 2014 WL 1224736 (C.D. Cal. March 25, 2014)
- Mondolo v. Unum Life Ins. Co. of America, 2013 WL 178711 (C.D. Cal. Jan. 16, 2013)
- Peterson v. AT&T Umbrella Ben. Plan No. 1, 2011 WL 5882877 (N.D. Cal. November 23, 2011)
- Miranda v.First Reliance Standard Life Ins. Co., 2011 WL 2441762 (N.D. Cal. June 15, 2011)
- Porco v. Prudential Ins. Co. of America, 682 F.Supp.2d 1057 (C.D. Cal. 2010)
- Sacks v. Standard Ins. Co., 671 F.Supp.2d 1148 (C.D. Cal. 2009)
- Taylor v. SmithKline Beecham Corp., 629 F.Supp.2d 1032 (C.D. Cal. 2009)
- Barteau v. Prudential Ins. Co. of America, 2009 WL 1505193 (C.D. Cal. May 26, 2009)
- Toven v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 2008 WL 5101727 (C.D. Cal. Dec. 2, 2008)