Sun Life Cases
- Case: Holmgren v. Sun Life and Health Insurance Company
- Synopsis: Long term disability benefits were denied - Plaintiff suffered back issues
- Outcome: Upon de novo review of the record, the Court finds that plaintiff has established by a preponderance of the evidence that he was disabled under the terms of the Plan during the relevant period.
- Case: Young v. Sun Life and Health Insurance Company
- Synopsis: Insurance company abused its discretion by terminating plaintiff's LTD beneifts for fybromyalgia
- Outcome: Court concludes that Sun Life abused its discretion by terminating Young's long term disability benefits and that her benefits must be reinstated. Any future determination of benefits shall provide for a full and fair review consistent with this opinion
“Your kindness will never be forgotten.”- Lori & David
“First of all, I want to express my extreme gratitude for probably saving my daughter's life.”- Anonymous
“I won the appeal.”- Terry S.