Sun Life Cases
- Case: Holmgren v. Sun Life and Health Insurance Company
- Synopsis: Long term disability benefits were denied - Plaintiff suffered back issues
- Outcome: Upon de novo review of the record, the Court finds that plaintiff has established by a preponderance of the evidence that he was disabled under the terms of the Plan during the relevant period.
- Case: Young v. Sun Life and Health Insurance Company
- Synopsis: Insurance company abused its discretion by terminating plaintiff's LTD beneifts for fybromyalgia
- Outcome: Court concludes that Sun Life abused its discretion by terminating Young's long term disability benefits and that her benefits must be reinstated. Any future determination of benefits shall provide for a full and fair review consistent with this opinion
“I interviewed several lawyers and decided on Corinne Chandler at Kantor & Kantor. She was able to reverse the insurer's decision on the first appeal, without the need to get into litigation. She literally saved me from financial ruin. I couldn't recomm”- Jackie T.
“They go above and beyond and I can’t thank them enough. Having a legal case pending is an extremely stressful thing, especially when one has a disability. Having people who care on your team makes all the difference”- Cory B.
“In battling for disability benefits, they're versed in my illness which makes them not only better suited to help but empathetic to my difficulties as well.”- Perry N.