Lisa S. Kantor
STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA
Education: Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Economics, 1980 Union College, Schenectady, New York, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa; Juris Doctor, 1983, University of Virginia School of Law, Dillard Fellow
Employment History: Senior Judicial Attorney, Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District (1995-1997); Partner and Associate, Quinn, Kully and Morrow (1987-1995); Associate, Kadison, Pfaelzer, Woodard, Quinn and Rossi (1983-1987)
Court Admissions: California State Bar (1983), United States District Court for the Central District (1984), Temporary Emergency Court of Appeals (1984), United States District Court for the Southern District (1986), United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1988)
- Herberg v. California Institute of the Arts (2002) 101 Cal.App.4th 142;
- Migliore v. Mid-Century Ins. Co. (2002) 97 Cal.App.4th 592;
- Vu v. Prudential Property & Casualty Co. (2001) 26 Cal.4th 1142;
- Lorenz v. Commercial Acceptance Ins. Co. (1995) 40 Cal.App.4th 981;
- Howard v. Babcock (1993) 6 Cal.4th 409;
- University of Southern California v. Superior Court (1990) 220 Cal.App.3d 1028;
- U.S. ex rel. Stillwell v. Hughes Helicopters, Inc. (C.D. 1989) 714 F. Supp. 1084;
- Southern Nights Music Co. v. Moses (C.D. 1987) 669 F. Supp. 305.
Attorney Kantor's Involvement with Eating Disorders
5/2-5/4/2013: Co-Presenter for ICED International Conference on Eating Disorders
Hands-On Tactics for Dealing with Insurance Problems
David Christian, PhD, Stacey Brown, RN and Lisa S. Kantor, J.D.
The ICED is the premier gathering place for professionals and advocates engaged in research, treatment and prevention of eating disorders. Each year, ICED attendees, faculty, supporters and exhibitors create a unique, inspiring and intensive
6/6-6/7/2013: Utilization Review Staff Training with Veritas Collaborative
Lisa worked with the staff of Veritas Collaborative on the most effective way to communicate with insurance companies to obtain coverage for the treatment for eating disorder clients.
At Veritas Collaborative, we envision a world where young men and women with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice treatment and hold hope for a cure. Our state-of-the-art eating disorders treatment center is adjacent to The Duke University Medical Center, located in the heart of The City of Medicine — Durham, North Carolina.
More Information Here